Saturday 12 October 2013

Fitting the display and updated graphics


After a bit of filing and shaving of both display surround and guiter body, the colour display is in place and I have also tried some positions for the Arduino card within the guitar body.


The graphics have been updated to be simpler and use colour more to indicate what i

s happening, so volume and tone use a gradient that goes from dark to light as value increases.

I'm still thinking about the tuner control, I have a version that works (the code correctly identifies note from a given frequency), but it isn't so pleasing from a graphical aspect. I can return to that later though.

Next step is to hook up the capacitive input chip and try some touch and proximity sensing to start controlling functions. Once I have that, then I'll move onto actual signal control. That'll start with relays to select pickups and then onto volume and tone control.

I have an audio amplifier chip (several actually, in case I get clumsy) that uses 5v and will output with 20x gain the signal based around a datum of 2.5v, which is perfect for the digital potentiometers I will use for volume and tone as they need to operate in a 0-5v range.

At the end of the audio chain all that is needed is a capacitor to remove the DC and that can sent to the guitar amplifier.

Ok, time for some soldering...

No comments:

Post a Comment